TEAM LEADER: Pastor Rickey Taylor (352) email@example.com
WHERE: New Creek Baptist Church, New Creek, WV – Located in the mountains of West Virginia about 5 miles south of the Potomac River near Kyser. The people work in industries such as wood processing, chicken processing, electric power & coal mining. Also, there is a large part of the population who are retired. Starting in March they are remodeling and adding to the Sunday School building that is next to the Church.
DETAILS: Construction Work: dry walling, linoleum floors in the Sunday School buildings & Sanctuary, design & build new signs for the church (electric, lighted), put plastic covering under the sanctuary roof, light landscaping, etc.
DATE: July 6-13, 2013 (Actual Work Days: July 8-12)
COST: TBA (travel, food & lodging – option to stay in church building)
GROUP SIZE: 15-20
DEPOSIT: $50 (to be applied to food cost) due ASAP
TENTATIVE ITINERARY: (From Bushnell) Leave Saturday morning, July 6, spend 1 night en-route; arrive Sunday evening, July 7; Work Monday – Friday NOON; Leave Friday, July 12, spend 1 night en-route; Arrive home Saturday night, July 13.
1) Stay in church building (10-15 max)
2) Nearby Motel: Keyser Inn 51 Josie Drive off of Route 220 South Keyser, WV 26726 Phone: (304) 788-0913 Toll Free: (800) 532-9413 http://www.keyserinn.com
Rates: Double Occupancy @ approximately $62.15 per night, per room
- Complete a Short Term Mission Trip Application
- Turn in your deposit of $50 (check payable to FBC Bushnell)
- Complete a Background Check Form (if not on file at the church)
- Complete West Virginia Mission Team Survey